“I received this from my grandmother a couple of years ago,” says April Easler of Norridgewock, Maine. “She's a cool grandmother.” And so is this pie! You'll love the creamy tartness of the cranberry whipped filling!
Recommended: 50 Vintage Desserts Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-calorie reduced-sugar cranberry juice
- 1 package (.6 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (16 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 10 fresh raspberries
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat cranberry juice on high for 2-3 minutes or until boiling; add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for 45-60 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cranberry sauce for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until thickened.
- Refrigerate 10 tablespoons whipped topping for garnish. Stir half of the remaining whipped topping into cranberry mixture; fold in remaining whipped topping. Spread filling evenly into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Cut into slices; top each with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and a raspberry. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Easy Chiffon Pie in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p31