Easy Crab Lo Mein
I came up with this one night when I had some leftover spaghetti that I needed to use up," writes Laura Mryyan from Topeka, Kansas. TIP: "When stirring up the sauce, I like to use half soy sauce and half oyster sauce for a richer, more developed flavor," she notes.—Laura Mryyan, Topeka, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 12 ounces imitation crabmeat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the onion, green pepper, broccoli and mushrooms in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, water and soy sauce until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in crab; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain pasta; toss with crab mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 207 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 1144mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as LoMein with Imitation Crab Meat in 1-2-3 Meal Planner
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.