- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup bread crumbs, green onions, red pepper, egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne; fold in crab.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Divide mixture into eight portions; shape into 2-in. balls. Gently coat in bread crumbs and shape into 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forEasy Crab Cakes
"This is not the Baltimore crab cake that I grew up with. No onion and the main ingredient is missing (OLD BAY)"
"would anyone know IF you could substitute tuna for the crab? To me crab is sweet tasting I like it but not as a whole cake, just a stuffing in something else."
"Followed recipe exactly. We loved them! Will make again and again!"
"Very good easy recipe. Will definitely make again."
"Needs a little kick! I added a touch of Tabasco and some finely chopped jalape?o. Some Dijon s well, a touch of horseradish too. Refrigerating before frying helps!"
"Would it be possible to bake these instead of frying them? I can't wait to try them, but I can't eat fried foods."
"Very good! I'll make this again....and I don't like crab!"
"They were good but needed Dijon mustard. And I'd never use crab from a can. Use Phillips crabmeat in your seafood section. It may cost more but there is a huge difference. Also shape the patties and cover them and let them firm in the refrigerator. They won't fall apart when cooking. Definitely a worthy recipe."
"Very good !! I did delete the sweet pepper, overpowering. The rest of the recipe is great!!"
"The flavor of these easy crab cakes was very good. Mine were a little soggy so make sure you press all the water out of the canned crab."