- 2-3/4 cups crushed ice cream sugar cones
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup assorted sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine crushed sugar cones and 2 tablespoons sugar with melted butter. Using the bottom of a glass, press cone mixture onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake until set, 12-15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 5 minutes. Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Slowly beat in cream, butter flavoring and extract. In a microwave, heat gelatin on high until melted, about 10 seconds; beat into cream cheese mixture. Fold in sprinkles; transfer filling to crust. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 3 hours.
- Top with additional sprinkles. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forEasy Confetti Pie
"I really wanted to love this, but couldn't. I made this as dessert for 3 adults and 5 kids. No one really liked it. I'm not sure what it is, but it really just wasn't very good. Everyone LOVED the crust, but no one really liked the filling."
"We didn't really care for the taste of it ... all three of us. Nothing wrong with the recipe."