Easy Colorful Bean Salad
Green beans and roasted sweet red peppers make this an attractive side dish for Christmas. The mild blend of seasonings would pair well with many meals.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2-1/4 cups canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 3/4 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans, kidney beans, red peppers and olives. In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 202 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Green and White Bean Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007