- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Confectioners' sugar and additional coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Beat in flour just until combined; fold in 1/2 cup coconut.
- Coat an 8-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray; dust with flour. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and additional coconut if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forEasy Coconut Pound Cake
"Fantastic! I have made both the mini- and the full-sized versions. Doubling this recipe means it fits perfectly into a regular-sized Bundt pan. Of course, I use only real butter."
"<p>I actually doubled this recipe but still put it in one large bundt pan, because this is a pound cake and does not really rise the batter all fit well; however, it required about 1 hr 20 min to bake all the way through. This was moist and delicious. To bump up the coconut flavour even further and finish the cake off properly I drizzled a simple coconut glaze over it, made from 1 c icing sugar, 1/4 t coconut extract, and a few T of milk until the glaze is the pouring consistency you want...</p>"
"Have made this cake twice. Doubled the recipe both times and gave one to my neighbor the first time and the second time I made individual bundt cakes and gave to several people. Was a big success! I did make two changes. I changed the vanilla to coconut extract and add a glaze made with powdered sugar, coconut extract and water. YUMMY!"
"Great! Everyone, including my "picky husband" loved it. CJG in Florence,SC"