Easy Cocoa Mousse
"This airy, melt-in-your-mouth mousse has a light cocoa flavor that's so good," comments Donna Brooks of Jefferson, Maine. "It's simple to mix, then pop in the fridge while you're preparing the rest of your meal."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a blender, combine the milk, sweetener, cocoa and vanilla. Slowly add gelatin mixture. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Spoon into serving dishes. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Garnish with remaining topping.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 81 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Easy Cocoa Mousse in Quick Cooking July/August 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.