- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, V8 juice, bread crumbs, soup mix, cheese and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Spread ketchup over top; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEasy Classic Meat Loaf
"This was very delicious! I didn't have v8 juice on hand and instead added half a can of tomato soup! I will definitely make this again! Thanks for sharing :)"
"I make the recipe as stated. It takes about 1h10min to bake in my oven."
"This was very good, however 30 mins is not nearly long enough. I baked mine for 40 mins (knowing how long my meatloaf usually takes) and then added the ketchup and baked for another 10 mins and it was still nearly raw in the center. Next time I will bake for an hour before adding ketchup and then another 15 mins."
"Not a meatloaf fan but this was easy & delicious. Husband & kids agreed! I also had to cook longer than the recipe called for, probably closer to an hour."
"This recipe is wonderful! I am a beginner cook and not a very good one so far - but I couldn't mess this one up! I added some diced onions and mushrooms and it came out perfect! Thank you Taste of Home!"
"This is now the meatloaf that I make all the time. Through the years I've tried MANY different recipes, but I found this is my favorite to make, it's simple and delicious and makes a great leftover for meatloaf sandwiches. I do add a little bit more breadcrumbs and less ketchup because my son does not like ketchup, but other than that, I follow the recipe as stated. Thank you so much for sharing!"
"I haven't made meatloaf in a long time and stumbled on this recipe. It was a hit and I will definitely be making it again. I will try to make it with ground turkey next time."
"My family loved this meat loaf! Even my super picky eater had seconds! It was moist and very flavorful. We will be making this one again!"