Easy Clam Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 3 cups diced unpeeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute onions until tender.
- Drain clams, reserving juice. Set clams aside. Add the potatoes, clam juice and broth to the onions. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in the clams, soup, milk, cream, salt, pepper and bacon; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 277 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 18, 2014
This recipe was my first time at Clam Chowder. Wow, It is great. Not as difficult as I expected and fabulous. My only change was replacing the canned soup with 1 cup more of heavy cream. This is a FIVE STAR recipe.
Mar 4, 2014
Made as directed-delicious! Very easy to make. Will make again soon!