This recipe is simplified by starting with frozen bread dough. Chopped apple contributes to the texture and taste. I like to surprise my family with these rolls on weekend mornings.
Recommended: 30 Ooey-Gooey Cinnamon Roll Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Roll dough into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Brush with margarine; sprinkle with cinnamon. Sprinkle apple, raisins and pecans evenly over dough. Roll up jelly roll style, starting at a long side. Cut into 12 slices, 1 in. each. Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Rolls in Country Woman March/April 1997, p36