VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large eggs
- 6 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Separate eggs; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Coat six 6-oz. souffle dishes with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar into each dish, tilting to cover the bottom and sides; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk corn syrup, cocoa, egg yolks and vanilla until blended; set aside. In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar on high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold a fourth of the egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared dishes. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Souffles in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p241
Reviews forEasy Chocolate Souffles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review