- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pumpkin; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt the remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forEasy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
"I am giving 5 stars because I goofed, and not the recipes fault. I used baked pumpkin from my garden. I think it may have had too much water. So if you do the same- bake longer. Mine needed more time"
"This recipe is brilliant. The best pumpkin recipe I have tried this year! My husband doesn't even like pumpkin flavored anything and he ate two big pieces of this. It was a big hit with the whole family and I will definitely be making this again. I love that only took three ingredients to make."
"It must be good! I have taken it to two potlucks and it is gone before I ever get one! Whips up and put in the oven in 5 minutes or less! Making it again for another potluck, but going to take out one for me...before I put it on the table! LOL!"
"Yes only 3 ingredients! It isn't an error...no eggs. Better second day. My drizzling of melted chocolate chips wasn't very pretty so I smeared it to cover entire surface."