- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 to 4 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Transfer chicken to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Add stock, capers and lemon juice to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until creamy. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake 5-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forEasy Chicken Piccata
"We have been making this recipe for several years now. My husband and I both love it. Use chicken tenders, breasts cut Into chunks, whatever appeals to you. We put the capers in the spice grinder because we prefer the capers finely ground, but it does turn the sauce rather green. We also double the sauce and use the larger amount of lemon juice because we enjoy strong lemon flavor. We took this recipe with us to family in Mexico and it was a resounding success. Be sure to use real butter as anything less just doesn't do justice to the flavor."
"loved this recipe! Very easy to make and very delicious!"
"Very nice, tender and great taste 5 starsFor broth I use chicken base by mcCormick"
"Too bland. Found this one to be much better.http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a45966/skillet-chicken-piccata-recipe/"
"Just an innocent question. Which way is crosswise? Horizontal or vertical? Thank you...sounds so good."
"This is easy and tastes delicious. It's presentation is nice enough for guests and even my picky eater teen/tween daughters like it!"
"Even my picky husband who only likes fried chicken said I think you should make this again sometime. Will definitely make this again."