- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 to 4 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Transfer chicken to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Add stock, capers and lemon juice to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until creamy. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake 5-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forEasy Chicken Piccata
"Too bland. Found this one to be much better.http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a45966/skillet-chicken-piccata-recipe/"
"Just an innocent question. Which way is crosswise? Horizontal or vertical? Thank you...sounds so good."
"This is easy and tastes delicious. It's presentation is nice enough for guests and even my picky eater teen/tween daughters like it!"
"Even my picky husband who only likes fried chicken said I think you should make this again sometime. Will definitely make this again."
"Very good. Nice to have a new recipe for chicken. Hubby enjoyed it so will be making it a regular. I used spaghetti and placed it around the chicken before putting it in the oven to finish it off. Added a bit of cream to the sauce before adding spaghetti and chicken. I used my cast iron skillet for the meal.. removing the chicken to a platter while making the sauce and put a lid on before putting in the oven. chicken was SO tender!"
"Is was an easy meal to make, tasted wonderful...however the sauce never thickened enough? I had added a tablespoon of flour to inhance the texture more. I had it over white rice, green beans and cheddar biscuits...The flavor was delicious!"
"This is the most delicious chicken piccata I have EVER eaten! I made this for my family tonight and it got rave reviews! I did double the sauce and added several tablespoons of minced garlic as I was making the sauce. It added the perfect amount of gusto to the dish. Oh and I served it over linguine. Yummy! Thanks for the recipe!!"