Easy Chicken Melts Recipe
- 1 can (9-3/4 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, green pepper, mayonnaise, Cajun seasoning and garlic. Spread over bread slices. Top each with a tomato slice; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bread is toasted and golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
2 each: 349 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Melts
"I didn't really care for these much. They were okay but not great; a little bit of a odd taste."
"easy to make and great taste. I have made this numerous times and whole family likes"
"This is good, but salty. If I make it again, I would omit the cajun seasoning & make my own salt-free version (cayenne, garlic, onion, oregano). The cooking method would be good with your fave tuna salad too."