Easy Chicken Melts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (9-3/4 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, green pepper, mayonnaise, Cajun seasoning and garlic. Spread over bread slices. Top each with a tomato slice; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bread is toasted and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 349 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 2, 2018
Love, Love, Love these!
Apr 17, 2016
I didn't really care for these much. They were okay but not great; a little bit of a odd taste.
Aug 11, 2015
Easy to make and great taste. I have made this numerous times and whole family likes
Jul 7, 2009
This is good, but salty. If I make it again, I would omit the cajun seasoning & make my own salt-free version (cayenne, garlic, onion, oregano). The cooking method would be good with your fave tuna salad too.
Feb 4, 2009
This looks very yummy and something quick and easy for dinner on a busy night.