“This is so easy to throw together in a pinch. It’s great served with some crusty bread and a nice veggie salad.” Renee Pajestka - Brunswick, Ohio
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup reduced-fat Alfredo sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until lightly browned. Add pepper; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and pepper is tender.
- Drain pasta mixture; add to the pan. Reduce heat to low. Stir in wine, then Alfredo sauce; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Easy Chicken Broccoli Pasta in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p64