Easy Chicken and Potatoes
Since returning to work after having my daughter, I have a lot on my plate just like every other mom out there. To make life easier, I came up with this time-saving recipe. I make it once a week now. —Lisa Turco, Cumberland, Rhode Island
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound red potatoes (about 4 medium), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken from pan; discard drippings.
- In same pan, combine potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, rosemary and remaining oil, salt and pepper; return chicken to pan.
- Bake, covered, 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are tender.
Originally published as One Pot Chicken and Potatoes in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.