- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook and stir celery and carrots over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, chicken and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- For dumplings, mix biscuit mix and milk until a soft dough forms. Drop by tablespoonfuls on top of the simmering liquid. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in dumplings comes out clean (do not lift cover during the first 10 minutes). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forEasy Chicken and Dumplings
"I used frozen mixed veggies. It was good. I think the sauce should be thickened. The dumplings should be flipped when firm so the other side cooks."
"easy and delicious. Will make again."
"Made this for the first time....thought there would be leftovers....and not one drop left...big hit with my family..thank you for sharing.... next time I will double the recipe. :)"
"it was very good, i cut recipe in half as there is only two of us. I wasnt sure what to expect so I was a little surprised to find it as "soupy" as it was, just thought it would have been a little thicker but still very good"
"Fantastic!!! Next time I'll double all but the biscuits so that leftovers don't soak it all up. Loved this!"
"Delicious! I added marjoram and parsley to both the liquid and the dumpling dough."
"way to much sodium over 1000mgs in a single serving?"
"This is our go to recipe. So good with a pan of cornbread. I know carb overload but soo good!"