- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook and stir celery and carrots over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, chicken and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- For dumplings, mix biscuit mix and milk until a soft dough forms. Drop by tablespoonfuls on top of the simmering liquid. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in dumplings comes out clean (do not lift cover during the first 10 minutes). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forEasy Chicken and Dumplings
"Made this for the first time....thought there would be leftovers....and not one drop left...big hit with my family..thank you for sharing.... next time I will double the recipe. :)"
"it was very good, i cut recipe in half as there is only two of us. I wasnt sure what to expect so I was a little surprised to find it as "soupy" as it was, just thought it would have been a little thicker but still very good"
"Fantastic!!! Next time I'll double all but the biscuits so that leftovers don't soak it all up. Loved this!"
"Delicious! I added marjoram and parsley to both the liquid and the dumpling dough."
"way to much sodium over 1000mgs in a single serving?"
"This is our go to recipe. So good with a pan of cornbread. I know carb overload but soo good!"
"Really yummy although I couldn't find reduced fat biscuit mix and I used 1% milk since that's what I had on hand. Leftovers were great the day after!"
"Excellent!! My husband loved it and he is a picky eater. I added basil and a bay leaf for extra flavor. I will definitely make it again, soon!!"