There's no need to brown ground beef when fixing this satisfying snack. Laura Jirasek of White Lake, Michigan tops crunchy chips with warm canned chili and melted cheese, then sprinkles it all with chopped tomato and onion for fresh flavor and color.
Recommended: 50 Easy Cheese Appetizers for a Crowd
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) tortilla chips
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Divide chips among six plates; set aside. In a saucepan, warm chili until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, heat cheese over medium-low heat until melted, stirring frequently. Spoon chili over chips; drizzle with cheese. Sprinkle with onions and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Easy Cheesy Nachos in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p11
Reviews forEasy Cheesy Nachos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review