- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Combine vegetables and gravy in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in cheese and chicken. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Combine biscuit mix and thyme in a small bowl. In another bowl, whisk eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls over chicken mixture; spread gently.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 23-27 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forEasy Cheddar Chicken Potpie
"This one let me down. It was bland. On the plus side, it was very easy to make. It might be better with some seasonings, but I do not think we will have it again."
"Oh boy, this sounds good! disappointed there is not the usual Nutritional Value listed. That said, will have to **presume** there are 4 carbs in this dish. j."
"We enjoyed this recipe on a cold night. I did use a chicken gravey mix and it seemed fine."
"I had high hopes for this recipe. It was to dry & had no taste. If you are going to make this here are some tips. Use 2 jars of gravy, use 2 cans of mixed veggies and add some type of seasonings. I was going to also try it with beef, but not anymore."
"This was rather bland and had too much breading. The frozen vegetables really didn't help either. I would recommend fresh vegetables and less topping."
"The entire family enjoyed this! The only thing I did different was use a mix for the gravy and I made 2 cups. It was yummy!"
"Super easy and fast to make on a busy evening. And best of all, it's delicious!"