We love Mexican food, and this was my attempt to have it for breakfast. If my kids will eat it, then I know it's a winner, and they all love this dish! —Judy Parker, Moore, Oklahoma
Recommended: 31 Easy Vegetarian Recipes with 5 Ingredients
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and egg substitute. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set.
- Heat another large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray; add one tortilla. Top with 1/3 cup cheese, scant 2 tablespoons bacon, 1 cup egg mixture and one tortilla. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, bacon and eggs, spraying pan as needed. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Easy Breakfast Quesadillas in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p63