- 1 cup soft bread cubes
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place bread in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a bowl, whisk egg and milk. Stir in the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Pour over bread; sprinkle with raisins. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forEasy Bread Pudding for 2
"Great for the late evening munchies because everything is at hand. I am always looking for ways to use the ends of the breads I make each week. Husband loved it and suggested apple chunks be added next time."
"My husband really likes bread pudding. Often he says it is too sweet. It was one of the things he liked after his stem cell replacement when food just didn't taste good.Mamasuejean"
"very good. one of my favverite!"