This pie has a mellow bourbon flavor&mdashnot too strong and not too sweet. It's easy, crunchy and chewy: just what you want in a pecan pie. —Nick Iverson, Lead Test Cook, Taste of Home
Recommended: Outstanding Pie Recipes from Across America
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 ounces toasted pecan halves, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Pulse half the pecans, reserving remainder, in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Combine eggs and sugars until well mixed. Add next five ingredients and chopped pecans.
- Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. metal pie plate; flute edge. Pour filling into prepared pie shell. Arrange reserved pecan halves over filling. Place filled pie in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425° Bake until crust is set, about 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°; continue baking until puffed and set in the middle, about 1 hour (tent loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning). Cool. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Easy Bourbon Pecan Pie in Taste of Home November 2017