You can easily make this pie without the bourbon by using three tablespoons of melted butter in its place. To make it lighter, leave out the chocolate.—Sarah Varner, Santa Rita, Guam
Recommended: The 99 Most American Recipes Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Sprinkle chocolate chips into pastry shell. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, brown sugar, bourbon, flour and vanilla until smooth. Stir in 1 cup pecans. Pour into pastry shell; sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Bourbon Chocolate-Pecan Pie in Country Woman October/November 2012, p34
Reviews forEasy Bourbon Chocolate-Pecan Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2012
"I made this pie without the bourbon, and it was delicious."