Easy Blueberry Cream Pie
This is a favorite pie with my family come blueberry season here in Michigan.—Diane Bullis, Grant, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugars, flour, salt and nutmeg. Add 2 cups blueberries, butter and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. stir in remaining berries.
- Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Combine topping ingredients; serve with pie. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 344 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry Cream Pie in Country Woman July/August 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.