- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the corn, tortillas, taco sauce and 1 cup cheese; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with pepper sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forEasy Beef Taco Skillet
"This was average. I don't keep taco sauce on hand so I used salsa. I found it to be very dry and very bland. I added some water-about a 2/3 c.--to it to sauce it a little and then the corn tortillas just kind of turned into mush. I doubt I will make it again, but if I did I'd add a package of taco seasoning to boost the flavor."
"This was really good and so easy to make. I used Brigid Nelson's idea and used it as a dip with tortilla chips. I also added a can of black beans and a chopped green bell pepper I used hot taco sauce and left out the hot sauce. The amount of heat was perfect by the time the taco sauce was added to all the other ingredients it wasn't hot at all. Hot sauce was passed at the table."
"I would add red & green peppers and maybe some salsa."
"Missing something...or lots of somethings."
"We love it! My sister makes this about once every couple weeks, her two young kids gobble it up! I just made it for my family and used a smaller can of corn and added black beans (who couldn't use some extra fiber). It's yummy!"
"So simple, yet so delicious! Might try it with tortilla chips or Cool Ranch Doritos instead of the tortilla shells next time!"
"Everyone in my family loved this recipe! I added 1/2 a packet of taco seasoning after draining the ground beef."
"easy to make, husband loved it. The tacos are almost like noodles."
"It was really good and really easy. My family raved about it!"