Easy Beef Stew
This recipe transforms leftover cooked roast beef into a homey stew.—Valerie Cook, Hubbard, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, liquid drained and reserved
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, optional
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the beef, vegetables, soups and seasonings. Heat through. If desired, add reserved vegetable liquid to thin the stew.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 301 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1421mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Quick Beef Stew in Country Woman May/June 1992