Easy Baked Rhubarb Dessert
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 package yellow or white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Ice cream, optional
- Place rhubarb in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the dry gelatin powder, sugar and cake mix. Pour water evenly over dry ingredients; drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rhubarb is tender. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Jun 4, 2011
Interesting but certainly not outstanding. It tastes like a cake mix and is nothing special. It might be a fun cake to make with the grandkids but is nothing that I would make for family and friends.
Apr 30, 2011
made this recipe for years, always is well liked
Jul 24, 2010
This dessert was quick, simple & delicious even though I missed adding the sugar! I will definitely make it again the same way.
Jun 17, 2010
VERY good and super easy!!! My kind of cooking!!!!
Apr 25, 2010
This is so good and really easy to make. It was gone by the next day.
May 10, 2008
This is a tasty recipe, and easy to cut in half!
May 4, 2008
This is such a great recipe and so easy. I freeze my rhubarb and can make this all year long.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.