- 3 to 4 medium baking potatoes, baked
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Peel and dice the baked potatoes; set aside. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1-1/2 teaspoons drippings.
- Add the soups, milk, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, pepper, Liquid Smoke if desired and reserved potatoes to the drippings.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with cheddar cheese and bacon. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forEasy Baked Potato Soup
"Very easy to make and most of the ingredients are the kind that people often have on hand. I added the bacon to the soup toward the end of the cooking time and saved a few crumbles for the top garnish. I may tinker with this next time by adding some chives and maybe trying to make a white sauce with sharp cheddar cheese added rather than using the cheddar soup. There was a hint of a "processed" cheddar taste that I wasn't wild about and this might also reduce the sodium level as well. A little liquid smoke goes a long way; I heated the soup on low about an extra ten minutes to let the flavors blend a little more and it helped. I will definitely make this again!"
"AWESOME..The whole family loved it!"
"This was so yummy if you like thick creamy soups!! Me and my husband love it!"