Easy Bacon & Egg Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 9 bacon strips, chopped
- 9 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix. Stir in the cooked bacon, cheese, onion, red pepper, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 306 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 275mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Apr 9, 2012
My boyfriend and I did not really care for this dish. I even added sausage and mushroom. I cant imagine how it would be without the extra meat. The bacon alone would not be enough. I made an egg bake with ham that is a lot better. I think its on the website as brunch egg bake. I will stick to that one.
Oct 23, 2011
Super easy and yummy! I love how the biscuit mix helps soften the egg taste (not a huge fan of cooked eggs normally). I made this with twice the amount of bacon, but this would also be really yummy with cooked, crumbled breakfast sausage or a combo of bacon and sausage.