- 10 to 11 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Place apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over the apples. Combine flour, brown sugar, oats, baking powder, nutmeg and remaining cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forEasy Apple Crisp
"This was one of the best apple crisp recipes I've ever used. The apples were fresh picked and had the perfect tartness. My husband loves it! I highly recommend this recipe, quick and simple."
"Smells great. Taste great. easy to prepare. It's a keeper."
"My house smelled fantastic while this baked! Served it with ice cream and it was a hit!"
"I cut down on the sugar seemed like too much and used rolled oats Not the quick cook oats it was delicious"
"This is a very good recipe. But! don't cut your hand while cutting up the apples. Cuz, it'll make you forget to add the Brown Sugar!"
"This turned out wonderfully! I followed the recipe exactly and I served it at a BBQ dinner and it got great reviews. The topping was a great caramel brown. Next time, I might try decreasing the white sugar to 1/4 cup, as it seemed like a lot of sugar when I poured it over the apples."
"Simple and good. I made half the recipe in a 9x9 pan, and used 1 cup of oats."
"I just took it out of the oven and it's very runny. I used Gala apples--perhaps too juicy, or I should have added some cornstarch. I'll serve it to my guests anyway, but I am disappointed."
"This is my favorite Apple Crisp recipe and have madit it for years since it appeared in a Taste of Home Magazine. Serve it warm with vanilla ice cream."
"OMG This was so Awesome!! MY family loved it!!! And im not a apple person, and iloved it too.."