Easy Almond Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, chicken, eggs, celery and almonds. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in reserved pineapple juice. Pour over chicken mixture; mix well. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 421 calories, 28g fat (6g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Jul 1, 2014
this salad was good quick and easy I had to add extra juice and salt and the pepperand a tablespoon of the poppy seeds .later again all make different chicken salads.from different people I don't like the same chicken salads. but thanks for the recpie
Jun 16, 2013
This salad is very good and refreshing. My husband and I loved it. I used rotisserie chicken and toasted the almonds.
Oct 16, 2011
This was very good and quite different than other chicken salads. It did taste like it was missing something; and now that I am checking the recipe again, I forgot to add the poppy seeds, salt and pepper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.