- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, chicken, eggs, celery and almonds. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in reserved pineapple juice. Pour over chicken mixture; mix well. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEasy Almond Chicken Salad
"This was very good and quite different than other chicken salads. It did taste like it was missing something; and now that I am checking the recipe again, I forgot to add the poppy seeds, salt and pepper!"