Easy Almond Apricot Coffee Cake
This is my favorite family recipe. The almonds and apricots make it a colorful coffee cake and an outstanding dessert.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves, divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth and fluffy. On low speed of mixer, blend in sour cream and extract. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix just until combined. Sprinkle half of almonds in a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Spread half of batter over nuts. Carefully spoon half of preserves over batter, keeping preserves away from edges of pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Spoon on remaining batter; add remaining preserves to center of batter. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 350 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Almond/Apricot Coffee Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.