Easter Stuffed Eggs Recipe
Most people dread all the leftover hard-cooked eggs they have at Easter. But not me! That's when I usually prepare one of my family's favorite dishes. The shrimp and curry powder give great flavor to ordinary eggs.
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) shrimp, drained, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Set whites aside. In a bowl, mash yolks. Add mayonnaise, onion 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Chop 1/4 cup of shrimp; add to yolks. Mix well; spoon into egg white halves. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside. In a saucepan, blend 3 tablespoons of butter, flour, curry and remaining salt until smooth and thickened. Add milk; cook and stir over medium heat until smooth and thickened. Add remaining shrimp. Pour over eggs. Mix crumbs with remaining butter; sprinkle on top. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 290 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 288mg cholesterol, 874mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Easter Stuffed Eggs
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC