- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, finely chopped
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the onions, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce.
- Spread a fourth of the white sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, half of the ham and broccoli, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, half of the eggs and a fourth of the white sauce. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles, white sauce and cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forEaster Brunch Lasagna
"Anyone have a suggestion to make this festive for Christmas? I was thinking of adding diced pimentos, wondered if that would look nice with the broccoli?"
"pinkiepie, yes you can make it the night before."
"I make this again and again and again! Such a crowd pleaser. Can't say enough good things about it. If you have never tried it, make sure that you do."
"I have made this MANY times. It is so good and always a crowd pleaser at playdates and brunches."
"Any one who's made this do you think you could make in advance and bake another day?"
"Don't wait for Easter to try this one! I didn't have a full 3 cups of cheddar on hand, but since it called for hot pepper sauce, I used sharp cheddar for the 1st layer and finished it off with a mexi-blend shred. It was really good! Worth the effort to prepare... it made a nice Sunday brunch. For best results, make sure the ham, broccoli, and especially the eggs are finely chopped."
"My husband doesn't usually take seconds, but he did on this meal! Loved it!"
"substitute choppped spinach for broccoli [email protected]"