Early-Bird Asparagus Supreme
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine butter and soup mix; drizzle over asparagus. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until asparagus is tender and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 145 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 581mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 30, 2011
Kids and adults love this dish, made it over the holidays for visiting siblings and it was devoured!
Oct 30, 2011
I would make this again because it was a quick and easy way to make asparagus. i think I would only use half of a package of the onion soup. A whole pack was very overpowering.