VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine butter and soup mix; drizzle over asparagus. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until asparagus is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Early-Bird Asparagus Supreme in Country Woman March/April 2001, p11
Reviews forEarly-Bird Asparagus Supreme
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2011
"Kids and adults love this dish, made it over the holidays for visiting siblings and it was devoured!"