Eagle Brand® Caramel Flan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 Hour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COOK sugar in heavy skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and caramel-colored. Pour into 9-inch round dish or baking pan, tilting to coat bottom completely.
- BEAT eggs in medium bowl; stir in water, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Pour over caramelized sugar; set pan in larger pan. Fill larger pan with 1 inch hot water.
- BAKE 55 to 60 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Move dish from larger pan to a wire rack; cool 1 hour. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- UNMOLD by running knife around edge and inverting onto large rimmed serving platter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 23, 2016
It's so simple to make and will wow your guests! I did spray the bowl with Pam first before pouring in the caramelized sugar, just to be safe. It's light and refreshing after a heavy meal.
Apr 19, 2016
Have made flan for years using six eggs, a large can of evaporated milk rather than water, and a teaspoon of extract of my choice (orange or coconut are good). My version is quite rich and most people really like it. I will try this lightened version soon. It sounds more appealing for the warmer months.t