- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare grill or campfire for low heat, using 20-24 charcoal briquettes or large wood chips.
- Line a Dutch oven with heavy-duty aluminum foil; add the pork. Combine the salsa, kidney beans, salt and pepper; pour over pork.
- Cover Dutch oven. When briquettes or wood chips are covered with white ash, place Dutch oven directly on top of 10-12 of them. Using long-handled tongs, place remaining briquettes on pan cover.
- Cook for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. To check for doneness, use the tongs to carefully lift the cover. Yield: 9 servings (3 cups sauce).
Reviews forDutch Oven Pork Roast
"I made this in my stone roaster. Meat was very tender, but it did not have much flavor."
"Um.m.m.m.m! Used crock pot instead of grill. Realized after should have used about 1/2 salsa amount-made a great "gravy" with mashed potatoes. Roast was indeed very tender and tasty."