Dutch Oven Pizza
We created this Dutch oven pizza to get more use out of our favorite piece of cookware. We couldn't believe how well it turned out! If you're not a mushroom fan, feel free to substitute different toppings. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 pound frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 8 ounces bulk spicy pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- Optional: minced fresh basil, red pepper flakes and grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Place a 10-inch Dutch oven on bottom rack in oven to heat through, 2-3 minutes.
- 2. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle. Fold an 18-in. piece of foil lengthwise into thirds, making a sling. Remove Dutch oven from oven; place crust on sling and gently lower dough into bottom, using a wooden spoon to move dough into place and up the sides. Brush crust with oil; spread with marinara sauce. Top evenly with cheese, pork, onion and mushrooms.
- 3. Bake until crust is lightly browned and crisp, 20 minutes. Cool slightly. Remove from Dutch oven. Serve with basil, red pepper flakes and grated Parmesan cheese as desired.
1 slice: 273 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 418mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC