After tasting a hearty dish at a Pennsylvania Dutch restaurant, Jill Clark created her own version. "I came up with this recipe that quickly became my husband's favorite," adds the Queensbury, New York reader. "Vary the vegetables to use what you have on hand."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 quarts water
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cubed Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add the noodles, cabbage, broccoli, sausage and carrot. Return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until noodles and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in cheese, mayonnaise and butter.
Originally published as Dutch Kielbasa in Quick Cooking November/December 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.