- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the egg, vanilla and sour cream; stir until smooth. Add apples; mix well. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° and bake for 30 minutes more.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over pie; bake 20 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forDutch Apple Pie
"I loved it. I did add cinnamon to the topping. So easy and delicious!"
"I am NOT a fan of cheesecake, but this recipe with sour cream and tart apples are off the charts!"
"This is the only apple pie recipe you will ever need again! Perfect! Great taste, wonderful texture. It is a sweet pie and next time may choose to cut back on sugar but it was an absolute hit with all who have tried it. Wonderful with unsweetened whipped cream. I did bake an extra 10 minutes longer than called for but only because I wasn't sure it was 'bubbling' enough. Perfect."
"best apple pie i have ever had except for grandmas"
"way to sweet for us..."