Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups chopped tart apples
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt. Add egg, vanilla and sour cream; stir until smooth. Add apples; mix well. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° and bake for 30 minutes more. Meanwhile, for topping, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over pie; bake an additional 20 minutes. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 363 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Dutch Apple Pie
"I loved it. I did add cinnamon to the topping. So easy and delicious!"
"I am NOT a fan of cheesecake, but this recipe with sour cream and tart apples are off the charts!"
"This is the only apple pie recipe you will ever need again! Perfect! Great taste, wonderful texture. It is a sweet pie and next time may choose to cut back on sugar but it was an absolute hit with all who have tried it. Wonderful with unsweetened whipped cream. I did bake an extra 10 minutes longer than called for but only because I wasn't sure it was 'bubbling' enough. Perfect."
"best apple pie i have ever had except for grandmas"
"way to sweet for us..."