Dutch Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the egg, vanilla and sour cream; stir until smooth. Add apples; mix well. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° and bake for 30 minutes more.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over pie; bake 20 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 363 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 27, 2015
I loved it. I did add cinnamon to the topping. So easy and delicious!
Dec 14, 2014
I am NOT a fan of cheesecake, but this recipe with sour cream and tart apples are off the charts!
Nov 9, 2014
I made this pie on a quick look on website. I made it for a dinner party and was hoping it was good enough. Everyone said it was the best apple pie they had ever eaten! I will keep this pie to impress again!!!
Jul 10, 2014
This is the only apple pie recipe you will ever need again! Perfect! Great taste, wonderful texture. It is a sweet pie and next time may choose to cut back on sugar but it was an absolute hit with all who have tried it. Wonderful with unsweetened whipped cream. I did bake an extra 10 minutes longer than called for but only because I wasn't sure it was 'bubbling' enough. Perfect.
Feb 15, 2014
best apple pie i have ever had except for grandmas
Oct 2, 2010
way to sweet for us...