Dutch Apple Honey Noodle Kugel
Your kids will love this great take on a classic recipe! Recipe provided by Eggland's Best®.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 Hour
- 12 ounces fine egg noodles
- 6 Eggland's Best® eggs (large)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup light raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 can (20 ounces) apple pie filling, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter or margarine, melted
- 15 ounces applesauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick chilled unsalted margarine, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, mix the kugel ingredients together and pour in pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry topping ingredients together. Cut in margarine with a pastry blender until pea-size crumbs form. Sprinkle over kugel.
- Bake for 1 hour. Tent the top with foil if it browns too quickly. Cool for five minutes before serving.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 392 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Originally published as Dutch Apple Honey Noodle Kugel in Eggland's Best Partner Recipes 2015-2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.