VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 English cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise. With a spoon, remove and discard the seeds; cut into 1/2-inch slices. Transfer cucumbers to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over cucumbers and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Spicy Cucumber Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p102