Duo Mashed Potatoes
For families who like traditional mashed potatoes as well as sweet potato casseroles, you can't go wrong with our recipe, which features both kinds of "spuds."—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes24 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 6 pounds russet potatoes (about 9 large), peeled and cubed
- 6 pounds sweet potatoes (about 9 large), peeled and cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 to 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 5 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 5 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place russet and sweet potatoes in a soup kettle; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with cream cheese, cream and seasonings until potatoes reach desired consistency.
Originally published as Duo Mashed Potatoes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008