- 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and cubed
- PARMESAN DUMPLINGS:
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add zucchini; cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender. For dumplings, combine egg and cheese. Drop by tablespoons onto tomato mixture. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until dumplings are firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forDumplings with Tomatoes and Zucchini
"So tasty and easy to make. I've made a dish similar to this one for years without the dumplings. The dumplings make this dish more hearty and they are a great addition to this summertime fare."