VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 24 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) dulce de leche
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Gold colored sugar and pearl dust, optional
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each pod):
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- Place chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring dulce de leche and cream just to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- Spoon 1/4 cup chocolate mixture into 14 paper-lined muffin cups; sprinkle with gold sugar if desired. Refrigerate for 8 hours or until firm.
- Brush with gold dust if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- To prepare hot chocolate: Bring 1-1/2 cups milk just to a boil; add one pod. Whisk until dissolved. Yield: 2 servings per pod.
Originally published as Dulce de Leche Hot Chocolate Pods in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p171